How to Sponsor a Spouse From Mexico
Bring Your Spouse to Canada
Here's how we can help you:
If you’re looking for an immigration lawyer for spousal sponsorship, Matthew Jeffery has over 20 years of experience and specializes in handling spousal sponsorships with high success rates. To see if you qualify for spousal sponsorship, fill out our FREE Sponsorship Assessment form.
Marriage Requirements in Mexico: Ensuring Legality
To have your marriage legally recognized in Mexico, it must be performed by the Civil Registry office. The following requirements must be fulfilled for the marriage to take place:
- Submission of a complete marriage application.
- Copies of the birth certificate for the Mexican citizen.
- An apostilled birth certificate translated into Spanish for the Canadian citizen.
- A special permit to marry in Mexico for the Canadian citizen.
- Four witnesses.
- Proof of attendance at a planned parenthood lecture.
- Prenuptial medical examination.
- Photo and ID copies of both applicants.
- Divorce or death certificate, if applicable.
It is highly recommended to consult a professional immigration lawyer to review these documents before submitting them to the Civil Registry office. Even the smallest mistake can result in a returned package, unnecessary fees, or, in worst cases, a ban.
Gathering Supporting Documents: Proving the Authenticity of Your Relationship
To complete the sponsorship application, you need to gather additional supporting documents that prove the authenticity of your relationship. Some examples of documents you may need to submit include:
- Photos of your wedding.
- Greeting cards exchanged between you and your spouse.
- Receipts of money sent to the sponsored person.
- Phone records.
There are many other documents you may need to submit to demonstrate that your marriage is not a convenience-based union. Failure to provide the required documents may result in the return or denial of your application due to insufficient proof of a genuine relationship. Working with an immigration lawyer is essential to facilitate the application process and ensure you submit adequate and complete supporting documents.
Medical Examinations: Ensuring Public Health and Safety
Applicants may be required to undergo specific medical tests to ensure they are not a threat to public health or likely to burden the Canadian healthcare system. The immigration department in Canada provides a list of approved doctors authorized to perform these tests. If the tests are conducted by a doctor who is not on the list, your application will be rejected. Seeking assistance from a legal expert can help ensure that the necessary medical examinations comply with the immigration authorities' requirements.
Preventing Application Rejection: Key Considerations
To maximize your chances of approval, it is crucial to avoid including false or incorrect information in your spousal sponsorship application. Explicit pictures of you and your spouse should not be submitted as evidence of a genuine relationship. Additionally, applying to become a sponsor before finalizing a divorce with a previous spouse is not advisable.
To navigate the spousal sponsorship process successfully, it is highly recommended to consult with a professional immigration lawyer. They can provide guidance and support, ensuring compliance with all necessary requirements throughout the application process
Frequently Asked Questions - Sponsoring a Spouse from Mexico to Canada
How To Sponsor A Spouse From Different Countries
Spousal Sponsorship Resources
- What Are Common Mistakes Made on Spousal Sponsorship Applications?
- Can I Work in Canada While Waiting For My Spousal Sponsorship Application To Be Approved?
- How Do I Bring My Spouse to Canada After Receiving My PGWP?
- How to Qualify as a Common-law Partner Visitor in Canada
- Outland vs Inland Sponsorship – Which One is Right For You?
- Can I Sponsor My Boyfriend or Girlfriend to Canada?
- Types of Family Sponsorships in Canada
- Common Questions Asked At Spousal Sponsorship Interview
- 7 Steps of a Spousal Sponsorship Application
- 7 Steps on How to Appeal a Rejected Family Sponsorship Application
Spousal Sponsorship Service Areas
We service all of Canada, especially the Greater Toronto Area and beyond.